Working in an office setting can be just the beginning of many unhealthy habits. For most of us, we are so involved in our workload that we skip lunches, are stressed about upcoming projects or patient load (stress induced coffee and chocolate chip cookies are my personal downfall) & don't always choose the healthiest snacks. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We recently began a coed softball team & implementing some of these changes in the workplace & there has already been an increase in office morale and teamwork. It takes 3 weeks to break a habit, 6 weeks to develop a new habit & 36 weeks to hard wire this new habit. Give it a try and see what healthy habits you can develop.
15 Ways To Stay
Happier & Healthier At Work
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Pack your lunch
- Deskercise- get your coworkers involved and start a challenge with your team.
- Ditch the vendingmachine
- Use your VACATION TIME
- Set reminders to Move- Walk at lunch breaks- take 5 to do lunges at your desk.
- Plan outings with your coworkers- (Co ed softball, bowling league, Friday night dinners.)
- Compliment and or motivate a co worker
- Chill out on the caffeine
- Park away from the building
- Three words: Healthy Desk Snacks
- Drink lots of H2O